Are you planning to rent a car in Nairobi but not sure where to begin? How is the car rental experience in Kenya?
When visiting Nairobi for the first time, chances are you will consider renting a car to ease your movement. If you want to know more about hiring a car in Kenya, then you are in the right place. This post features a few tips to help you rent a car in Nairobi with ease.
Our unlimited mileage and fuel policy will keep you coming back for all your car rental needs in Kenya.
Read more below to find answers to your car hire Nairobi experience queries.
Deciding which car rental company in Nairobi to go with can be the most daunting experience. This step involves searching for car hire companies in Kenya a search likely to bombard you with dozens of car hire service providers.
How do you identify the best car hire companies in Nairobi?
With each car hire company in Nairobi claiming to be the best, how do you identify the best company?
With so many choices, deciding where to rent a car in Nairobi must be a carefully thought out undertaking. The global giants are indeed renowned. But the local car hire companies in Nairobi are likely to have more competitive rates.
With so much to consider, before-during-and after your car rental, you need a comprehensive guide to help you spot the best car hire companies in Kenya and get behind the wheel within no time.
It is a fact that the car rental industry in Kenya is not as streamlined as in Western, European, or Asian countries. This means there is a lot to learn about renting a car in Nairobi.
Listed below a few tips and tricks to help you rent a car in Nairobi with ease and get the best deals.
Tips and Tricks to Rent a Car in Nairobi
Before the hire
- Always compare rates by shopping around
- Consider the cost of insurance is needed
- Lookout for pick-up and drop-off offers and charges
- Terms of payment
During the hire
- Consult on cross-border policies
- Read and understand the rental contract. Consult where it is unclear
- Thoroughly check the vehicle before signing the rental contract
After the Hire
- Refill the gas and clear the vehicle
- Drop-off the vehicle at the stipulated time
- Handover the car keys and other documents
What do you need to Rent a Car in Nairobi?
Here is what you need to rent a car in Nairobi:
- Check the terms and conditions of the car hire company you choose and confirm you have all the requested items. The documentation needed will include a valid driver’s license, identification documents, and proof of address.
- Are there charges at this point? Some pickup locations will attract a premium fee and other local taxes. Such locations include airports. Other rental extras such as the GPS and child Car Seats will attract additional charges. Consult the car hire Nairobi Company for more information on extra charges.
- Payment under the renter’s name. The number of days that you rent a car in Nairobi will determine the amount to pay. Some car hire companies in Nairobi accept debit card payments with most taking cash and Mpesa payments.
- Signing the rental agreement. This is a crucial step and the wording of the agreement must be thoroughly scrutinized before signing the document. Pay close attention to the fuel and mileage policies as well as all restrictions and penalties stipulated
onthe rental contract.
Things to Keep in Mind When You Rent a Car in Nairobi
- Keep time – although most car hire companies in Kenya will leave a margin for lateness when collecting your vehicle, you should strive to be on time. This helps to ensure that you never miss out on the exact car you intend to rent. If you are going to be late for whatever reason, just let the car hire company know. Just give your car rental company a call or email and explain your situation.
- Thoroughly check for damages- Check the rental car to make sure it is in good condition while noting all defects on the body. Look out for the tiniest dents, scratches, cracks and stains. It is recommended that you take photos and reporting any defects to the car rental agents before driving away.
- Lookout for Insurance
You might be required to present an